Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies
• 1 cup roasted peanut butter
• 1/2 cup coconut sugar
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 cup rolled oats
• 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or chopped nuts (Optional)
• Flaky sea salt (for sprinkling)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F (180 C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs and coconut sugar together until smooth.
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt evenly over the mixture and stir until combined.
- Add the vanilla extract and roasted peanut butter to the bowl. Stir until the ingredients are well combined.
- Add the rolled oats (and optional dark chocolate chips or chopped nut mixes if desired). Stir until all the ingredients are evenly combined.
- Use a medium (2 tablespoons) cookie scoop or tablespoon to scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Gently press down on each dough ball to slightly flatten the tops since they will not spread much while baking.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for approximately 10 minutes, or until they are lightly golden around the edges.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and sprinkle each cookie with a small pinch of flaky sea salt.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve these healthy peanut butter cookies warm and enjoy!
These soft and chewy peanut butter cookies are the ultimate treat for peanut butter lovers, offering a healthier twist to the classic recipe.
Note: Feel free to use any nut butter of your choice instead of peanut butter for a delicious variation of this healthy cookie recipe.