You may not have heard much about hazelnuts, which are also called filberts or cobnuts, but you should listen up when someone talks about them. That's because hazelnuts not only pair well with coffee and chocolate, but they also have some great fiber, vitamins, and minerals for your health. Of course, with Fastachi nuts, you will get the best hazelnuts possible, with some of our most delicious recipes.
$15.79 per lb
$15.79 per lb
View for pricing
Many people believe that hazelnuts are a U.S. staple alone, however, there are varieties of hazelnuts in Asia and Europe, as well as the Middle East. Indigenous people in the United States began eating hazelnuts thousands of years ago. In many areas of the country, hazelnuts were a primary dietary staple, and it's easy to see why. Once you pick hazelnuts off their shrub, you will love their rich, sweet flavor. Also, hazelnuts are rich in fiber, calcium, fatty acids--such as are found in olive oil--B and E vitamins, and magnesium. Hazelnuts are great for your heart, and their anti-inflammatory properties aid in muscle, bone, joint, digestive, and skin health as well. Many people love to add hazelnuts to desserts, or with coffee as a snack. Hazelnut spread is a delicacy in Western Europe, Australia, and the United States.
What Varieties of Hazelnuts Does Fastachi Nuts Offer?
Like all of the nuts Fastachi offers, we hand-select our hazelnuts and roast them in small batches. We double-sift our nuts, so that only the whole nuts come through, and then we sprinkle those roasted nuts with sea salt to emphasize their sweet, nutty flavor.
Here is a description of the type of hazelnut products we have at Fastachi Nuts:
- Roasted hazelnuts--our signature hazelnuts, hand-selected, sifted, and roasted to perfection, without anything else added. If you are looking for ways to enjoy hazelnuts in foods, we'd like to suggest them as a nut in chocolate cookies, as a crusted topping for chicken, or even as a pointed taste with cranberries and nut bread.
- Salted hazelnuts--all of the flavor of roasting, with a sprinkle of sea salt to enhance the flavor of the nut. If you love salted hazelnuts, you may want to add them to a charcuterie board. Hazelnuts pair beautifully with selections of fruit, such as berries, and creamy cheeses, such as goat cheese, gruyere, and Havarti or brie.
- Roasted Hazelnut Butter--the ultimate treat for hazelnut lovers. Unlike other companies, Fastachi Nut Company makes its own nut butter. We take those perfectly roasted nuts and grind them within a day or so to ensure you open fresh-ground nut butter every time. Hazelnut butter is a wonderful addition to bread and bagels, or you can use the butter as a fruit dip as well.
- Mixed Nut Butter--our fabulous hazelnuts are included in our mixed nut butter as well, if you prefer a mix of nuts in your nut butter. As with the hazelnut spread, we grind our roasted nuts for our nut spread and ship the butter out quickly so it'll be fresh for your next breakfast treat.
- Dark Chocolate Hazelnut Bark--when you simply want a decadent treat, you need to order Fastachi's hazelnut bark. Our fabulous hazelnuts are roasted, sprinkled with sea salt, and then stirred into scrumptious dark chocolate, which perfectly complements the hazelnuts' flavor.
No matter which way you like your hazelnuts, Fastachi can serve up your favorite hazelnut treats perfectly each time you order.