null

Caputo's Wild Jurua 70% by Luisa Abram

1 review
SKU:
88024

This product not available to be shipped due to warm weather

Wish List

Caputo's Wild Jurua 70% by Luisa Abram

Product details

Produced in collaboration with the renowned Brazilian chocolatier, Luisa Abram, this one-of-a-kind bar is made specially for Caputo's Market & Deli in Salt Lake City, Utah.
A deep passion for food runs in the Caputo family. After coming to the United States from Greece and Italy, the Caputos owned and operated a small market on Salt Lake's west side, home to Utah's very first refrigerated deli case. Tony Caputo's childhood spent visiting his aunts at the market is what inspired him to bring that love of food tradition to the brick-and-mortar shop that would become the Salt Lake landmark of Caputo's Market & Deli. Now, Matt Caputo is upholding his father's legacy with gusto. Caputo's mission has always been to fight to uphold old-world traditions of land stewardship, sustainable farming, and biodiversity in an age where the modern, mass-market food system is crushing craftsmanship, sustainability, and diversity of food. In that spirit, Matt began the Caputo's Preservation Program, which highlights products made with these thoughtful, traditional practices.
This is how Caputo's came to collaborate with Luisa Abrama, a bean-to-bar chocolatier known for taking the unique native wild cacao varieties of the Brazilian Amazon and crafting them into amazing single-region chocolates. When Matt learned Luisa was no longer going to be able to craft chocolate from the unique strain of cacao that only grows along the banks of the Jurua River in Brazil's Upper Amazon, he stepped in to fund the effort to save this one-of-a-kind cacao. Luisa and Caputo's together could make sure the small community in the Jurua had the money and guidance to set up their own fermentary and continue to return to Jurua to harvest this incredible cacao, year after year. With Caputo's guaranteed support, Luisa can purchase all of the Jurua cacao the foragers can procure, and can continue to craft this outstandingly unique chocolate.
Hidden for centuries along the Amazon Rainforest's Juruá River, this extremely rare cacao is pure pleasure. Lush nuances of malt, sweet spice, and moss in a velvety finish. Magnificent and mysterious like the jaguar--a national symbol of Brazil--we cannot let this heirloom fruit disappear. Caputo's Wild Juruá 70% bar is sponsored by Caputo's Preservation Program which fights to preserve wild cacao and its biodiversity.

net wt 2.12oz (60G)

TASTING NOTES: Malt, sweet spice, dark berries, earthy.

The origin of the cocoa bean is Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Show More
Show Less

Customer Reviews 1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews

  • Best Ever!
    5

    Posted by Carolyn from Belmont, MA on May 26th 2020

    Not only is Fastachi my favorite store for nuts, chocolates, nut butters, etc...and gifts - it's one stop shopping! I can never go to the store or order from them without buying their peanut crunch brittle for my husband. If he sees their bag and doesn't find his peanut brittle, there's a problem! It's fresh, not overly sweet - just a perfect balance. BTW I love it too!

NUTRITION FACTS: Servings: 2. Serving Size: 1/2 bar (30g), Amount Per Serving: Calories 160, Total Fat 11g (14% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 0mg (0% DV), Total Carb. 13g (5% DV), Fiber 3g (11% DV), Total Sugars 8g, (Incl. 8g Added Sugars, 16% DV), Protein 3g, Vit. D (0% DV), Calcium (2% DV), Iron (6% DV), Potas. (0% DV).

INGREDIENTS: COCOA MASS, ORGANIC CANE SUGAR, COCOA BUTTER.
Manufactured in a facility that handles milk and nuts.

This product is processed/packaged on shared equipment with almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, peanuts, pecans, walnuts, sesame, soy, milk.

Warm Weather Shipping:
To avoid "Heat Sensitive Items" from sitting in transit over the weekend, orders containing these items received at the end of the week will be shipped the beginning of the following week.
Sure Post Shipping:
UPS SurePost® is not available on orders containing heat sensitive items, as these items may not be in transit for more than 2 buisness days.
Shipping Chocolates:
Due to warm weather in your shipping location, the shipping method for orders containing "Heat Sensitive Items" may automatically be upgraded to UPS 2nd Day or have a $5 warm weather handling fee added depending on shipping location.

Hand-roasted in small batches

No fancy seasonings or artificial additives

Hand-packed with the utmost care

Back To Top
×
×
Icon Hot
Icon Hot