Toasted Pumpkin Seed Dip
Yield: 1 3/4 cup
- 1 cup Fastachi Salted Pepitas
- 2 tbsp grapeseed oil, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeds remove and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup lightly packed flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup lightly packed cilantro
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Zest of one lime
Place Fastachi Salted Pepitas
in the bowl of a food processor and set aside. Heat the grapeseed oil until shimmering in a large skillet. Add the shallots, jalapeno, and garlic and cook over moderate heat, until softened, about 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a food processor and let cool.
Add the parsley, cilantro, lime juice, lemon juice, olive oil, lime zest and a ¼ cup of water to the food processor and puree until smooth.
Transfer to a bowl and serve with pita chips and or fresh vegetables.